Sunday, December 30, 2018

December 23-30

December 24

Totally forgot to write yesterday. Today was a long, full day. Before we left for the Christmas Eve party, I edited photos in Lightroom and read a little and braved the busy aisles of Publix to get sushi (worth it). Good to see Jordan and Jack, Daisy, everyone.

December 25

A calming kind of Christmas. I ran to some podcasts before the world woke up, then cocoa and gifts with the fam in my flannel Christmas pants (WOOP). A double nap day.

December 26

Christmas is over and things are starting to feel normal again.

December 27

Really excited about a project coming up on the blog. Took the morning to unplug and write by hand, read my Bible. John 3:17 is on my heart. I still have days left of break and can't wait to see what God does with the time.

December 29

Didn't get to write yesterday! But this morning I got to run and feel cleansed. I ran to an old Rookie podcast interview with George Saunders, whom I've yet to read. He had great advice, specifically about taking it phrase by phrase when editing and avoiding cheesy or overly sentimental writing. WHICH, YO, I STRUGGLE WITH.

December 30

Really can't believe 2018 is already drawing to a close, but it's been a perfect end to a crazy year.

2 comments :

  1. I just love these tiny glimpses into your life. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Grace Anne! :) You are the best!

      Delete